2006 1750 Fishhawk

• pyake

Not sure that I like it. It is bigger than the 2005 year model by a few inches wide and long, but I do not like what they did to the rear deck. Looks like they wasted fishing space with bulky floatation compartments on either side of the rear deck.

On the plus side, it looks like they put the gas tank under the main floor and added another rod locker under the front deck.

1750 Fishhawk

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Pete, thanks for the pic!
    By under the front deck, do you mean bow rod storage? If so, how do they get around the bow seat mount? And are the batteries under the floor again as well? It seemed that they never dried out in my TS boats.
    Tuck

krisko
    Durand, WI

I’ve acutally been looking quite hard at boats recently. I’m thinking of getting a new one. I looked at this one and loved it. I’ve never been much into Crestliners. We’ve always had Princecrafts and the occasional Lund. I was looking at the Lund Explorer, but now thing I’m gonna be getting one of these 1750’s instead. I guess to me it seemed very similar to the Alumacrafts. Pete the only difference I see is there is 1 1/2″ different wider and 2″ longer. Not much of a difference to me…but like I said I’m not a Crestliner person, but I do like them now

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Pete,
    I have the 2003 1850 Fish Hawk. I also have the flotation compartments on both sides. The only difference I can see, is my 1850 has two pedestal seat supports on the back deck, compared to the single pedestal on the 1750. It’s a great boat, good luck with your purchase.

Sandbar

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Sandbar, maybe you can answer this, is there bow rod storage?
    Thanks!
    Tuck

Don Hanson

Tuck, the 06 1750 and 1850 have the center rod storage.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Thanks Don! How long of a rod can you put in them? I broke two tips off in my 202. One during a guide trip, and one when an AM tried shoving an 8.5 foot rod in the 8 foot tube. She got it to fit! Same thing during a guide trip!

pyake

My 04 Fishhawk has the flotation compartments but they take up much less space that what appears to be on the 06. I’m guessing that when they put the fuel tank in the floor, they had to put more foam up top to maintain the “level flotation” feature. If I were ordering one, I would try to talk the factory out of putting those things on the rear deck. They are too big for my taste. Noting worse than wasting useable deck space in my opionion. A major factor when I bought my 04 Fishhawk last fall was the front and rear deck layout. No big deal if you only jig from the rear, but if you cast a lot I think that those foam compartments would be a pain.

Tuck, the rod storage is in the bow as you mentioned. On my boat, the front deck measures 7′ 3″ in length so I suspect that would be roughly the rod length that you would be able to fit inside, possibly longer if they extend the rod tubes below the nose cone. Anything longer would have to go in the side rod locker.Not sure where the auxuilliary battery compartment is. There is a compartment listed in the boat specs. Must be under the rear deck or maybe it just takes up some space in one of the two big storage hatches in front?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

What they do in the TS boats is they have another compartment below where your rod handles would be in the bow rod locker. My complaint was that this compartment would never dry out! Battery contacts were always corroding, and contacts would loosen from bow pounding over a period of time. I have always thought they could have done something in the front of the bow, and put the batteries front to back inline to save space, and not bury them under two layers of deck. Plus, the trap door they give you can not be removed (At least in my old boat) to get it completely out of the way to get batteries out! Bloody knuckles for a week after that! Don’t get me wrong, I love Crestliners. This was just a pet peave of mine. The Fish Hawks could be different.
    Tuck

pyake

Battery storage on my Hawk is in the middle of the two large front compartments just forward of the front deck seat pedestal. It is a knuckle buster getting those batteries in there and making the connections (not a lot of room to work above the batteries). Had to get creative since the trolling motor plugs were not factory wired for 12/24V. I run a 12V motor on the front and a 24 on the back. Also tightened the snot out of the terminal connections so I wouldn’t have to get in there any more than I need to. Outside of that, I really like the amount of space in the front stoarage area. Lots of room.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I would prefer the compartment like you have it.
    This Alumacraft I am in now is very nice as far as space, but don’t throw fish in it by accident! It is the first compartment on the deck…the livewell is the second. Right Nate Cadwell? (He or his partner threw a fish in his battery compartment during a tourney, and found it about three hours later! )
    Tuck

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

Sandbar, maybe you can answer this, is there bow rod storage?
    Thanks!
    Tuck

Sorry for the delayed response. Rod storage is on the port side. If you like to carry 8-10 rods all the time, things are a little cramped. I usually carry 4-6 rods and don’t have much trouble. It will be interesting to see the 2006 layout with the center/front under deck rod storage. Trade in time?

Sandbar

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.