Question on Guest On-Board Charger?

• fishiowa
    NW, IA

I’m going to buy an on-board charger this week. I found a good deal on a new Guest, does anyone have one and are they any good. I have never had an on-board before, how long do they last?

Don Hanson

I am on my 5th year with a Guest model #2620. I have not had any problems at all. Just make sure you get the model that fits your needs. They have a good description of all the models at http://www.guestco.com

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I have a guest opticharge 2-bank that I bought last year. I have had no problems with it, and it seems to work great for what I need.

One thing that I did have a problem with, but attributed to ‘operator error’ was when I blew a fuze, the battery always read charged, even though I was running it into the ground. I guess as a word of caution, if you know it should be charging and says it’s fine (like after a full day on the water), check your fuzes, or check with a DMM and make sure it’s working.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Guest is the best. I have 2.

Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

I have a Guest that I purchased two summers ago. Recently, one of the three banks stopped charging. No light on the display. Does anyone have any advice? Is the bank totally shot? Thanks.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Call Guest. They will lilely have you send it in for repair.

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

Hurry I think Warranty is 2 years. Mine said 1 year but they said it changed to 2 so it was covered. I didn’t argue.

fishiowa
    NW, IA

Thanks for the imput from everyone, I bought the Guest, can not wait until it arrives. I went to a 24 volt trolling motor and charging one battery at a time is a pain.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.