On- board charger problem

• herb
    6ft under

I’ve got a problem with my Pro Tournament 3 bank 30-30-30 charger, Had this unit for 4 years now and has worked great till sunday. Plugged it in as usual when I got off the water and let it run all nite. When out this morning before work to check on it and the red led was still lit instead of turning up green like it should have. Let it run all day today and when I got home from work the light was still red. It is definetly charging and the batteries test out fine under a load tester. Let them sit for 4 hours and there was no draw down and nothing turned on to drain them to cause the red light not to change to green.
    Has anyone here ever had this sort of problem with their charger? Any solutions besides a new charger? Like I said, it’s only 4 years old.

herb
    6ft under

Pay no attention to this thread!!! Problem solved.

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Herb, How are you doing. It sounds like your charger took a header. Watch so you dont cook you batteries,it happened to me. John

herb
    6ft under

Will do John. I know 4 years is pushing it for the batteries but like I said, they tested fine under a load.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.