Question for 1750 Fishhawk owners

• pyake

On my Fishhawk, my trolling batteries are located in the front storage area beneath the center floorboard. There is not enough room above the battery to put plastic guards over the terminal – makes it almost impossible to get the batteries in or out from under the floorboard. I would like to use something to prevent any items in the adjacent storage area from contacting the battery terminals. Right now I have a piece of cardboard on either side but would prefer something that allows the area to stay ventilated. Any ideas would be appreciated.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Gee Pete mine is a little tight but the battery caps can stay on. Maybe there was a slight design change? I never viewed that situation as a problem the last couple years.

pyake

There is enough room above the battery once it is in the tray. My problem is that it is nearly impossible to make the connections with the battery under the center floorboard with my wiring setup since I am now rigged to run 12V or 24V with a plug setup that I installed. 6 gauge wire is a real bear to work with and after several attempts trying to make the connections underneath the floor panel, I decided to pull the batteries out, make connections, then slide back underneath.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

If you can’t engineer it I’m in trouble!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.