??? About Stainless prop for 115hp Yamaha

• slammin eyes
    Oakdale, MN

I have just purchased a new 1750 Fish Hawk with a 115 hp 4 stroke Yamaha. Looking to put a stainless steel prop on back. Any one with suggestions as to brand, pitch & diameter.
    Thanks!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My Fishawk came with a 17 pitch aluminum. Why, I have no idea. All the tests run by Yammie on that boat say to run the 19 pitch. I ended up picking up a used stainless in the 19 pitch here at IDA. It’s the Michigan Wheel Rapture. I got 4 – 6 mph by myself but the biggest area of improvement was when I had a load in the boat, ie. Buckshot, Gary, Crossin’Eyes.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

ie. Buckshot, Gary, Crossin’Eyes.

Yep !! Thats a load !!

slammin eyes
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks for the feedback. Do you by chance know what diameter that was or are they all about the same for that size motor?

KirtH
    Lakeville

Best prop I found is Yamaha 19 Pro Series, I compared them to 6 other SS props. Best p/u in speed hole shot and bite.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

14.25 if I remember correctly. You can get that info from Yammie for sure though.

slammin eyes
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks,

I’ll give them a call.

fishingscout
    Saint Paul

You have probably already checked out http://www.yamaha-motor.com but here are a couple of performance bulletin’s that show some data about your motor.

Here is a G3 boat with a comparable weight:

G3 HP 170

Here is a deep hull but heavier boat:
    Glasstron GX 180

Looks like you should get 50 mph and 5 mpg with a 21″ prop. But like an earlier message, it will depend on your load and how fast you want to get on plane. My Dad has a 1650 with a 80 HP Yamaha 4 stroke. He started with a 15″ pitch and was on plane in less than 3 seconds. He has since changed to a 19″ prop and gets on plane relatively fast but gets around 40 mph on top end.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.