2005 JD Power Outboard Customer Satisfaction

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for the link Pete!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Whats funny is Suzuki ranks on the top, and Johnson on the bottom for 4 strokes, and the motors are identical. I met with the Suzuki rep at the sports show, and he said the only difference was when it came to paint, the Johnson’ took a left on the assembly line, and the Suzuki’s a right.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

and what about Yamaha making Merc power heads ?

pyake

Quote:

Whats funny is Suzuki ranks on the top, and Johnson on the bottom for 4 strokes, and the motors are identical. I met with the Suzuki rep at the sports show, and he said the only difference was when it came to paint, the Johnson’ took a left on the assembly line, and the Suzuki’s a right.

I was thinking the same thing. The Johnson should rate the same as Suzuki. I wish that I could get a look at the individual ratings for each motor in each category. It would be interesting to see what brought the Johnson rating down.

The other interesting result from the survey is this qoute from the press release:

“It’s clear from data new to the study in 2005 that customers want to be able to choose their engines as well as their boats,” said Sorensen. “We consistently see that customers who are able to select their own engine by brand, size and technology are substantially more satisfied with both the engine and the boat, and they also tend to be more loyal to both the boat and engine manufacturers.”

Makes me about think how Brunswick is making it significantly more expensive to put anything but a Merc on any of their boats (Lund, Cliner, Lowe). If the JD Power survey is true, this will deteriorate loyalty to their brands.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.