I am trying to start a new subject.

• fishseeker
    Centerville,MN

Does anyone know why I am not able to start a new post on the fishing report forum?
    Any info would be helpful. I just wanted to let everyone in on some fishing action.

andycraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

test. need to figure out how to make new post.

andycraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

fishseeker,
    i tried to just reply to yours and change the subject – didn’t work. somehow the next page that loaded let me start a new post, but it was in the outdoor gear forum. the only forum i look at is the fishing reports. i’ll figure it out and reply againg. wf

fishseeker
    Centerville,MN

Thanks Walter

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I believe that thread starting in that “forum” is only open to admins and prostaff, you can however make on in pretty much any other area. You can post to the reports, you just cannot make a new thread, I believe is your problem.

fishseeker
    Centerville,MN

That seems kind of worthless if you ask me. I fish a area that I have not seen any info on and thought I would get some info out there. TOO BAD.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Well yes in a way I guess, but there are specifc areas listed in the seperate state area forums, and probably one that covers the body of water fairly specfically…

I would expect the big reason it is the way is because (***I think***) those post show up on the front page, indepthangling.com automatically, so there is a format they like to follow so it looks nice, so you can’t really blame them, for wanting the site to look uniform and nice.

I bet if you can put together a really nice post and such, someone could and would move it there for you, and then you’d have you post in there.

Go ahead and post it in the state general area, it will get noticed anywhere you put it. Heck I’ve even went to far to ask for a more specific forum to one area I fish the Brainerd lakes area forum was brought up this way, though it was only a matter of time before they had one.

And if you got a really hot tip with GPS coordinates PM me the details, I’ll meet you out there with beer tomorrow

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sorry for the confusion guys. The “Fishing Reports Forum” is limited to IDA Staff only. The training process to use that area is pretty involved… to get those nice, neat little thumbnails imbedded within the text that works with our search capabilities comes with a bit of a learning curve that just isn’t appropriate to be open to all posters.

That said, there’s likely to be a forum set up specifical for the body of water you fish… in the state forums. Please accept our invitation to post there.

Any other questions, just holler.

fishseeker
    Centerville,MN

Thanks for all the info guys. I am new to this site. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Welcome fishseeker!!!

Where did you go fishing to come up with this report??????

If you go down to the “Minnesota” section and open that up, you will find about any lake you want ( or a general Metro East and Metro West ). Put your report in there!!!

evileye
    Milan Il

Welcome to the site ,

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome to the site. Glad to have you with us. Please feel free to post on all the other forums all you want. Thanks, Bill

fishseeker
    Centerville,MN

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
    I will put a post out on the MN forum.
    I fish mostly in the NE metro. Between White Bear and Forest Lake.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.