Shorelander Trailer Repair/Parts?

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I just posted on the shorelander website but thought I might get a faster response here. My trailer wench broke last week. Looks to just be a spring. Is there anyplace around here I can get the parts or get it repaired if its more than just that? I cant imagine replacing the whole unit. Looks fixable to me.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I would think you will have a modle number at minimum on your winch. With that you may be able to find the manufacturer who could offer a replacement kit that includes your spring and other parts.

I put a new winch on my trailer this spring as I was missing teeth on the large gear. Thought I could just buy a new gear. Nope, had to buy a new winch. Anyway, I notices the repair kits that included the spring, small gear and other parts.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Mike, try Rapid Marine. They have Shorelanders under the Crestliners I think. Ham Lake may stock the parts.

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

I have purchased the exact “Repair Kit” you are looking for from Nelson Marine in White Bear Lake. Take a picture of your winch or bring the model number to be sure you get the correct parts. I think it was about $12, 2 years ago. Includes the spring and other pieces.

Good Luck!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

I have purchased the exact “Repair Kit” you are looking for from Nelson Marine in White Bear Lake. Take a picture of your winch or bring the model number to be sure you get the correct parts. I think it was about $12, 2 years ago. Includes the spring and other pieces.
    Good Luck!

Awesome. That’s where I bought the boat 16 years ago!!

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

61 Marine north of Hastings can get Shorelander parts too.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Is it a Shorelander winch, or is it made by another company? I lost a spring from one a few years ago, and after a quick call to the manufacturer, then shipped one out for free.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Shorelander replied to me with a wench repair kit number and suggested I get it at Hallberg Marine.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

Shorelander replied to me with a wench repair kit number and suggested I get it at Hallberg Marine.

So what is the wench’s name

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Must be a wench because its the wrong part number. Nelson Marine is helping me out.

Winch winch winch

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.