Precision Trolling App

• Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I downloaded the free portion of the PT bible and I was wondering what everyone else is choosing and why. You can purchase the first level for $50 and then pay $1.99 for each update. Or, you can buy the lifetime version for $99 and free updates for life. It will take 25 updates to break even with the lifetime version so I’m not sure if this is the best route. I know they come out with new lures every year but just looking for others opinions. Thanks!

taz
    Frederic wi

I paid the 99$ for the life time app. 2$ a bait adds up fast.. Just my two cents.

What ever you buy you will love this app for trolling!!

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I have just been buying each lure for $2.00 I only have a handful of lures I run so it was cheaper to only be in 15-20 bucks.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I have the most recent printed version. I took pictures of my printed version to keep on my phone and created it’s own album called “troller’s bible”. It’s way cheaper than the app.
    Maybe not as technical, but certainly effective and much cheaper.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

The other thing I did with all my photos of the dive curves is put them on an SD card. If you have multiple card slots in your GPS, you can just open the file and see all your dive curves right on your electronics. It’s pretty sweet.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Is it ready for the droids yet?

big_head_basher

It doesn’t look like it’s out for Droid phones yet.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Thanks guys! I thought about the per lure purchasing but decided against it as I have a lot of different lures. I thought about the book and scanning method too but swaying against it as you would be SOL if new lures came out. Do they offer new pages for the books if new lures come out or do you have to wait for a new addition to come out and purchase another whole book?

A lot of good things to think about. Thanks again.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

If you do the scan and save, you can always get the free app and pay $1.99 for new ones. Or get a friend to send them to you.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Thanks Mike. I believe I will be taking your route. Where does a guy find the best price for the hard copy? I did a quick search and saw one for $24.95 but they were out of stock. Is that pricing typical? I also see that you are in Lakeville so I know where to go if I need to replace a page.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I think I paid $30 for my most recent version. I’m all for sharing info. Contact me anytime.

Mike

oberg8630

just wondering how the app works? for me the purpose of having the book is to be able to lay the lure on it and know 100 percent its the lure on the dive curve?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.