? on 2012 Yammie Kicker

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Looking to pull the trigger on a new in the box 2012 high thrust 9.9 kicker this spring. Dealer has one that he has not sold due to overstock and is willing to make a good deal. This is electric start and tilt. Did not want the electric start and tilt but considering the price point it seems worth it over a new manual start with no tilt.

I ask you guys is there anything I should worry about with a 2012 kicker? Dealer says I get the full warranty also. Any other questions I should be asking? New to the kicker game and this should finish off the major additions to the rig.

Thanks guys.

Derek

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Theres nothing to worry about besides you’ll be glad you got electric start and trim and tilt

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Nothing to worry about, you want the electric start and tilt. I didn’t think they even made them without it.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I was looking to save a few bucks on the power tilt when shopping for a used, or left over last year. Found a nice used one with power all, and I am so glad I “didn’t” find one without it. Everything from using, to trailering, to running across the water is so much better with it. Electric start is just a no doubt. Add on top of the use …. go to sell it, and it makes a huge difference having all power/ electric.

I think??? 2012 was the last year before they did the change to the smaller, and lighter (like 12%) update. While having that would be nice, know the motor you are buying has been around and proven for years – and is bullet proof. You win either way.

Buy it and enjoy!

mike-west
    Amery, WI

IMHO, Best kicker motor avaiable and you will not be sorry about geztting electric start & tilt.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Nothing to worry about. As a matter of fact Yamaha quite using “years” on their motors a while back. They now go by date of sale. So you are either buying a new motor or a used motor. Warranty starts at time of sale.

You will love the power and be glad you got it!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

You will love the Yammie high thrust with elec. and tilt. I think it also has a heavy duty mounting compared to a plain 9.9 hp.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Thanks for all the responses guy.

Just got the formal quote from the dealer. The Sales Manager kept his word and got a nice deal (which I was not worried on). Gotta love great customer service.

D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.