Work Sharp or Ken Onion version

• ted-merdan

Is the Ken Onion worth the extra $$? Looking to pick one of these up for knives and also want to sharpen my mower blades. What have your experiences been?

Thanks!

-ted

deertracker

Just got the work sharp version for Christmas. So far it appears to be a good qaulity unit. It does take a little practice though. I flattened out the tip of the knife I tried. Havent seen the Ken Onion version though.
    DT

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Be careful with the tips of your knives using these, as said watch the videos and take your time until you get used to it.

weldon
    Rochester, Mn

I picked up a Smith’s sharpener for my knives at Fleet Farm and am very impressed with it. For $6-7 it works great… I use my high speed hand grinder for mower blades. Smith’s sharpener

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

Just got the work sharp version for Christmas. So far it appears to be a good qaulity unit. It does take a little practice though. I flattened out the tip of the knife I tried. Havent seen the Ken Onion version though.
    DT

X2

I like the work sharp so far.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Quote:

Quote:

DT

X2

I like the work sharp so far.

X3
    I debated between the KO and less spendy one and went the cheaper route. I love it but don’t know if I’m missing anything not having the KO version.
    I sharpened kitchens knives and the 1st time the wife used them, she cut her finger. Must have been used to the dull ones !

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I have the oldest model, currently selling for $60
    Bought my brother the $100 model for christmas…No idea what model the $100 one is, but when he opened the box, i saw he had an extra attachment with different cutting angles on it.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

i seen the k/o at fleet farm and it was darn near double, now i’m confused my self

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I’ve had a Worksharp for several yrs. Works great on anything that needs sharping. Knives, garden tools, mower blades, etc. Love it!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The Ken Onion looks a lot more versatile. If it were me I would search the web for best price. I have been happy with my work sharp but an improved model designed with Ken Onion has to be better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.