outbooards

• jiggin

anyone know anything about nissan outboards? thinking about a 70 or 90 hp. tldi. A lot less expensive than a merc, but I don’t know anyone who has one.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I know one guy down here that runs a Nissan 50hsp. He really likes it but he has only ran it or 1 full year. Cabalas here in PdC sells them, and I don’t see to many of them in the bargin cave…I don’t know if that means they don’t sell to many or if they are indeed that good…

rob69
    Okefenokee Swamp, S. Ga.

All Nissans are made by Tohatsu Motors, and they are fine motors. Look under the cover and take a look at the castings, and the fit and finish, much better than any I’ve seen. I’ve got a ’96 Three cyl 40hp (converted to 50)on a 14/48 john boat, and I’ve beat the crap out of that thing for eight years now, at least 10-20 trips a year, and it is still strong. I mean literally beat it. I’ve hit stumps, jump logs regularly, tore up a prop or two, and no complaints from the motor. I fish hard, on a nasty river that takes its toll on every boat at some point and the Tohatsu remains bulletproof. All I do is change gear oil and plugs, and run the devil out of it. Dang fine motor. I’d buy another one, if this one would give it up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.