Tandem trailer alignment?

• ted-merdan

Replacing the tires on my tandem Ranger trailer and after noticing some uneven wear on the rear tires (disclaimer: it’s a used boat to me and I never rotated the tires during my ownership), I have decided to replace all 4 tires. I am thinking to best protect my tire investment I should have the trailer aligned just incase the wear wasn’t entirely due to my lack of maintenance. Is there a shop in Minneapolis that performs this service? Any experince or recommendations? In the north or northwest metro?

Thanks in advance!

-ted

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

It’s not on the North side but give Kremer Spring a call in Inver Grove HT’s . They have been working on trailers since 1898. They have redone springs on my old trailer and adjusted the axel position etc. to correct tire wear. They are just off 494 on 110

Mwal

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

X2 on Kremer.

-J.

mojogunter

I was told by two shops that if a trailer has torsion axels they can’t be straightened. That may have been because the end of mine was bent. The one company in inver Grove heights that said they could adjust it. Took it in their shop and then said they couldn’t align it an hour later. I also was charged $100 for nothing. If you call around and a shop in that city says they can help you steer clear of them. Andover wheel and frame told me they couldn’t fix it due to where it was bent and didn’t charge me anything.

Quote:

Replacing the tires on my tandem Ranger trailer and after noticing some uneven wear on the rear tires (disclaimer: it’s a used boat to me and I never rotated the tires during my ownership), I have decided to replace all 4 tires. I am thinking to best protect my tire investment I should have the trailer aligned just incase the wear wasn’t entirely due to my lack of maintenance. Is there a shop in Minneapolis that performs this service? Any experince or recommendations? In the north or northwest metro?

Thanks in advance!

-ted

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.