On-Board battery chargers

• jtetzloff

Looking to get a new onboard charger for three batteries on the boat. Any suggestions?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Minnkota 330
    Check with JollyAnnMarine.com

scott-k
    Red Wing

I just bought and installed the Cabelas Advanced Angler 20+ charger for 3 batteries. Told these were made by Pro Mariner, which has a great reputation. My brother has had this charger from Cabelas for years and it has worked flawlessly. I believe it is on sale right now for $159. Check to see if the 5 foot leads are enough. You can add more wire of course. Hope that helps a bit.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Minnkota 330
    Check with JollyAnnMarine.com

I second this

Dale Rueber
    Red Wing, MN

I agree, go with a Minn Kota. Just installed a MK 315D. Went with the 315 because of price and a nice rebate.
    Current boat had a less expensive brand when I bought it and both crapped out in less than 2 years. Same brand in my last boat also went bad in a little over a year.
    Installed a MK230 (2 bank) in my previous boat and it worked great.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Fleet Farm has the MK 315D on sale this week for $139.99 and I believe there is still a rebate available for this model from Minn Kota

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Look at the warranties each provide. I had 2 cabelas chargers fail. I have had minkotas since then and they have been flawless. Best warranty for chargers but I have never had to use it. On a side note Cabelas was very helpful when my chargers did fail and replaced them. The second time it failed I got a credit and went with the minkota.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

$20 rebate on minn kota chargers at FF, plus on sale. Just ordered mine online today.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.