I-pilot’s Memory

• igotone

When you unplug your power to trolling motor I take it the memory is lost – no spot locks or routes are saved

I’m looking at converting my non-V2 24 volt 70lbs US2 Auto-pilot to the I-pilot

this conversion will mean that I will have no foot pedal and need to unplug the power when not using

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I don’t unplug mine when not in use and I have the powerdrive with Ipilot. Haven’t had an issue yet, but then again, when I find a spot worth saving I put a waypoint on my GPS also

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I think your MinnKota has to be V2 to add the i-Pilot.

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

The memory for saved tracks and spot locks is in the I pilot controller. Not the motor itself. But, as stated before, your motor must be I pilot capable in order to add it.

igotone

Quote:

I think your MinnKota has to be V2 to add the i-Pilot.

YES, you are right
    there is a simple conversion that I am looking at doing to make it a V2

It has already been tested and it works

but as I said above no foot pedal and it suggest to unplug

spot lock not as much issue as saved routes

but I’m just guessing here that the memory is lost when un-pluged

figure someone would know as I have had best luck with quick answers to ??? HERE
    You guys are tops and thanks again 4 any info
    as I too can pass some on

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Do a search on crappie.com, one fellow there wired up his V2 to add a switch he flips to keep his foot pedal hooked up and usable.

tatersalad

You will not lose memory of your spot lock locations when you unplug your V2. I unplug mine after every trip.

igotone

Quote:

You will not lose memory of your spot lock locations when you unplug your V2. I unplug mine after every trip.

Thanks

that’s what I thought might happen

since no power to unit – never know 4 sure till ya ask someone that has done it

I know some fishfinders keep settings when powered off and was hoping settings stayed in I-pilot too

I have a couple eagle’s that the settings stay and there is no battery backup in them

Thanks again to the great group of people here willing to help each other

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

tater is correct the routes and spot locks are saved had one in there for three years…. good fishing

igotone

I read tater’s wrong

Thanks to akeb 4 the post to bring my attention to it

I want 2 thank U all / as this is good news

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Quote:

I don’t unplug mine when not in use and I have the powerdrive with Ipilot. Haven’t had an issue yet, but then again, when I find a spot worth saving I put a waypoint on my GPS also

Do you unplug your trolling motor when you charge your batteries? If you don’t you should unless you have a Minnkota onboard charger. If you read your motor manual Minnkota recommends unplugging it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.