MINNKOTA TRAXIS 55 PROPELLER QUESTION

• elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

I just received a new Traxis 55 Transom mount to replace my Maxxum 55. When I opened the box last night the propeller was comsiderably smaller than the Weedless Prop on my old Maxxum.
    My thoughts are I should replace the prop immediately with the Weedless Wedge prop designed for this motor. Am I correct in saying the considerably smaller prop will not pull the boat as well as the larger more agressive cup? Do any of you have experience with the Traxis and prop that comes with it? Going to Pool 4 at the end of the month for 6 days and do not want to be dissapointed with power issues due to the prop. Any thoughts or experience on this would be appreciated. Thank You.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I’ve got a shiny-new Traxxis 55 hanging on my transom, but it hasn’t got wet yet. Looking at this chart: http://www.trollingmotors.net/minn-kota-prop-selection

There are 3 different props that fit 55# 3-5/8″ motors, the MKP-7, MKP-32, and MKP-37.

Why not take both along for your trip, and see which one you like better?

HRG

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Thank you for the link to the chart. I agree with your thoughts, will get the other and take both to trial.
    I appreciate your response. Good fishing to you this spring!

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

If you don’t mind, try a test with both props, running the motor in reverse, but not with the head rotated. My previous Traxxis 80 used to have quite the vibration at slow speeds in reverse, but I can’t remember which style prop it had on it.
    I’m curious if one is better than the other in reverse.
    HRG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.