Adding I-Pilot to Power Drive V2

• zach_bindert
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Has anyone done this? I was wondering how hard it was and what the actual process is. Do you have to re-wire it?

Thanks,

Zach

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

It’s easy. Basically you just replace the top cover unplug a wiring harness plug the new one in and bam it’s done. There is a online video that walks you through it.

Found a step by step video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAmROovBLk

A few more steps than a said but still easy peasy lemon squezzey.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Has anyone done this? I was wondering how hard it was and what the actual process is. Do you have to re-wire it?

Thanks,

Zach

I did it and it only took 15-20 minutes,(my trade is a mechanic) I dont remember exactly what I did step by step but ,it was easy to do.Maybe take most others 20-30 minutes.

You should be able to google search the installation tho.

Just remember you LOSE the use of your foot control !

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

They’ve pretty good instructions. Take the time to read them and it’ll go well. Everything you need is included.

zach_bindert
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I just watched a video on you-tube, do you just have to disconect the foot pedal and connect the i-pilot to switch or do you have to go through the whole install to switch?

GUK
    Lake City, MN

Very easy to do…some of the best written instructions I have ever seen!

whofan

Nothing to it did one on a friends Terrova.

I bought the V2 with the Ipilot.

The Terrova is a much better platform for the Ipilot do to it`s shut off in the stowed position.

The GPS in the Ipilot stays active with the V2 unless you unplug the motor. Draining the battery.

Before I`d buy a Ipilot to upgrade the V2 I`d strongly consider getting a Terrova with the Ipilot instead.

zach_bindert
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks for the information. It’s kind of stupid you lose your foot pedal but I suppose they would rather have people buy a brand new trolling motor than upgrade your existing one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.