Anybody try Seagaur Tatsu Fluorocarbon yet??

• kwp
    Eden Prairie

Seagaur Tatsu is relatively new but it is regarded as the best premuim flourocarbon on the market. I currently use 10lb Seagaur Invisx on my spinning rods (for open water fishing). I have been really impressed with it on my spinning rods. The only con I see with Invisx is it is a little too stretchy.

Wondering if anybody has tried Tatsu yet?? The first negative I see with it is its cost @ about $40 for a 200 yard spool.

iowaeye

I believe the line has been out for a couple years now. I was fortunate enough to win a spool of 15# last year and use it fishing jigs/plastics. The line is incredibly manageable and handles like a dream. I don’t like the 40$ price tag but it will be hard shy away after using it. It has about the same stretch as red label (which is their least stretchiest line) If you are wanting new line for your spinning rod, sunline just came about with fc finesse which is getting great reviews.

FryDog62

I bought the small spool (I believe 20 yards) and used as a leader tied to 832 Sufix. That alleviates a lot of the stretchiness issue. If I’m fishing in ultra clear water I like Tatsu, seems very strong. However, if there are zebra mussels I’m not sure its as abrasion resistant as Yozuri Hybrid which is also very strong but more abrasion resistant and is UV resistant too so seems to last all season. After the Tatsu is used up, I will probably switch back to Yozuri Hybrid or Invizx just from a cost standpoint.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

One line that IMHO really improved for 2013 is Sufix 100% castable fluorocarbon…I didn’t like it as much as InvizX last year but the new version has less memory, is limp, and casts well on the spinning reel.

kris_brantner
    My river

On a baitcaster it is not as noticeable but on a spinning reel it is a dream. Soft and limp and extremely castable. Will have nothing ekse on my reels. Its cost effective if you considerer the line you waste for cutting out wind knots and tangles from other stiffer fluorocarbons

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.