Wader/gortex/rain gear repair kit replacement

• kwp
    Eden Prairie

Wondering where I could get a repair tube to repair my Gortex rain gear and waders??

I had a small tube of the Hodgman repair kit that came with my waders but it ran out. I checked Fleet Farm but could not find anything. I don’t think I want that Sportmans’ Goop.

Anybody find anything that works well and where I could buy some??

Thanks,
    KWP

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

not sure on the gortex but shoe goo has worked great on our waders this year. Cheap and dries quickly

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

Get some aquaseal. Cabelas sells it in small tubes. Note it will work for the waders – dries to a clear rubbery bead over hole . Would not be the ticket for your goretex jacket. Unless you have a cut or hole, suggest you warm water wash it with a goretex specific soap, fluff dry low heat and scotchguard the garment. Washing/drying will get out the dirt and grease – drying will raise the outer fibers of the jacket and scotchguarding will add additional water repellancy and help keep it clean.

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

Shoe goo will work fine – am guessing that’s the same as the Sportsmans goop you refer to. When the package is new it is lower viscocity and works better… I often lay down a thin layer of the goo first – let it dry most of the way and way a patch of light fabric over it. Then once all dry give it a second coat. That seals the leak and it holds u very well. I have a pair of neoprene chest waders from the early 90’s that have been patched many times from duck hunting mishaps. The patches are tougher than the original material even.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Looks like shoe goo and aquaseal are the choices…

Think I will try shoe goo first because I know I can get a small tube at Menards right by my house.

Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.