Suffix 832 Advanced Lead Core

• Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

It looks like the 18# is available in both 100 and 200 yard spools. For the 200 yard spool, are there 20 colors (they would probably repeat after 10) at 10 yards per color? Or are there 10 colors at 20 20 yards per color?

Thanks,
    Drew

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

10yd colors. It is a repeated color pattern like you first speculated.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The 200 yard spool has 20 – ten yard “colors”.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

We looking at taking lures well over a 100 foot deep with that set up???

Al

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Nope. With 200 yards, I can rig up 4 reels with 5 colors/reel. I can go with smaller/cheaper reels because of the extended running depth. And why not throw in a $10 savings on purchasing a 200 yrd spool vs 2 x 100?

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Al

I would think that would be nearly impossible at any speed over 1.5mph. Maybe if you were moving at less than 1mph but anything near 2mph seems very unlikely.
    Line drag and lift is why.

With that much line in the water, the amount of lift begins to work against you.

Granted, this is only theory since I’ve never let out 200yds of this new lead core. But I have gone out on Lake Michigan and let out nearly 400′ of line with an 8oz weight connected 120′ ahead of the lure. This setup goes quite deep but it also creates quite a bit of line bow in the middle segment of line. (half way between your rod tip and the weight)
    When we slowed down enough with the 8oz weight setup, we could get the weight to hit bottom in 115′ of water but we were barely moving by that time.

The setup we were using was actually 4 colors of lead core, then an 8oz weight followed by another 150 to 250′ of line.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Al

I would think that would be nearly impossible at any speed over 1.5mph. Maybe if you were moving at less than 1mph but anything near 2mph seems very unlikely.
    Line drag and lift is why.

With that much line in the water, the amount of lift begins to work against you.

Granted, this is only theory since I’ve never let out 200yds of this new lead core. But I have gone out on Lake Michigan and let out nearly 400′ of line with an 8oz weight connected 120′ ahead of the lure. This setup goes quite deep but it also creates quite a bit of line bow in the middle segment of line. (half way between your rod tip and the weight)
    When we slowed down enough with the 8oz weight setup, we could get the weight to hit bottom in 115′ of water but we were barely moving by that time.

The setup we were using was actually 4 colors of lead core, then an 8oz weight followed by another 150 to 250′ of line.

Thanks, looks like a 100 yard spool and then a snap weight if I need to get deeper.

Al

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.