I have been thinking about getting a fishing boat

• iowa roger
    North central Iowa

My wife and I are thinking about getting a small fishing boat for fishing the small lakes.
    I am wondering if my Chev. Impala will pull a boat and trailer.
    We are thinking of something with seats in it, something that would be safe for us two old foggies to go out on the water with.
    There are several nice lakes pretty close to home here, not big water kind of places.
    I am hoping to find something or at least get some ideas.

Thanks for reading,
    Roger

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

I know a guy who pulls a 16 foot Alumacraft with a 40 horse on it with no problems.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I pull a 18′ fiberglass boat with a Saturn Vue that has a V-6 motor. Just be sure the boat is stable when getting in & out. Very good friend of mines mother had a bad accident. When getting in the boat from the dock she lost her balance, somehow she smashed her leg between the boat & dock. She had a severely broken leg which she unfortunately never recovered from.

Don’t scrimp on the boat. Make sure it’s safe and stable for older folks to get in & out of.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Pontoon = safest. But if your nimble enough and small enough water, a shallow run about in 16′ would fit the bill and you could tow it to area lakes with the Chev

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

My wifes Impala pulls our 16′ aluminum 50 hp just fine. Sometimes it can be tricky pulling it out of the water if the ramp is steep due to the front wheel drive. We do not use OD when towing.

David Grosulak
    Pool 2

My neighbor tows a 16′ Alumacraft with his g35. Only issues I could think of is ground clearance. Also if the lake levels are low you might have some issues, I have had all 4 tires and rear bumper in the water a couple times this summer.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I used to pull my 16′ Lund with a 25hp behind my ’89 Bonneville. Pulled that boat all over the place with no problems at all

wannaplay

If the boat motor is black, you might not get back.

rugs
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

If the boat motor is black, you might not get back.

If it ain’t black I say take it back!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.