Minn Kota TM Trouble, please help

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

I have a newer Minn Kota, 80 lb thrust and it is cutting out when I go over 50% thrust. I have changed the plug, both male and female parts. Only thing I can guess is maybe I need to clean the terminals and hope that does it. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Darin

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Is it blowing an inline fuse. Do you have a automatic reset?

FDR

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

No it is not blowing a fuse, it is just cutting in and out, it is very strange, as it only happens at high thrust uses.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Is this a Power Drive or Terrova?

FDR

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

I had that happen with a 70 Lb 24 volt Power Drive and Minnkota told me the main board was bad. Worked great under 50% and as soon as I tried to push it. It would shut down after 10 seconds of running wide open. Had to unplug it and replug it in and it would work again until I pushed it.
    Call Minnkota’s customer service 800 number. They are very knowledgeable and willing to help. You can order parts directly from them if you want to and change it yourself. I have done it. It takes about an hour. Just unplug 1 wire at a time and plug it into the new board so you don’t get mixed up with where each wire goes.
    Let us know what you find out what it is.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

I do not have to unplug it, it just stops then restarts. Maybe I will have to call them and see whats up. Do you remember what the board costs?

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

I have been having some problems like this with mine (and a few other problems). When I called, they told me it was the board. Cost was $140. Mine was old enough that they only had one left. I thought it was wiring, so re-did everything and that was not the fix, so may have to spring for the board.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

Check to see what amp in line fuse you have. They come with a 40 or 50 amp and some units take a 60amp fuse.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Interesting, I will check that.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

I think the board cost around $125.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.