Minn Kota Quick Release Mounts

• igotone

Can anyone here tell if they have replaced a Minn Kota Maxxum quick mount with a Minn Kota Terrova one?

need to know if Minn Kota has a quick mount that has same bolt pattern

maxxum one

this mount that I got right now don’t come close

quick mount

please help

thanks IDO members

nick
    Lakeville, MN

One of the composite mounts might do it, going from a maxxum mount to a terrova/pd mount, I drilled a tapped and exsisting maxxum mount to attach my terrova in my case it was much easier option than anything else.

What exactly are you trying to do and what is your current setup?

igotone

current is 74lb maxxum with quick mount – it has a lot longer plate then the power drives

was wondering if there is mount that I do not know about
    that is an option for this change over to a power drive

used boat – NEW to me – and do not like the foot control

I like my PD 70 with co-pilot – so am moving it over to new boat

thought of mounting on the plate But it is to long for the cover I am having made anyways – so needs to come off or B modified

just as soon not do anything to maxxum mount as I plan on selling the motor and quick mount

O – boat is fiberglass

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Well depending on who made you boat you may be able to call the manufactor and see what they do to mount a pd/terrova on your boat, I had the problem that changing my tm to a terrova I didn’t really have a way to mount the motor close enough to the edge to work, thus I had to drill tap and install a http://www.boatersworld.com/product/MP63514494.htm on top of my exsisting tm mount, at the time the time I did it Ranger hadn’t even attempted to put a terrova on my boat, so they were no help, I have no idea who makes the mount that came on my boat orginally never seen another for sale. My boat is fiberglass too, which is part of why this is so hard to change up.

Otherwise I think a quick call to Minn Kota (800-227-6433. Monday-Friday between 7:00am and 4:30pm)

Boat cover is an issue, my TM had to come off now if I want the cover on, I could probably have it modified, but it’s not a big enough issue to me since I rarely cover my boat and trailer it. Overall the difference in the TM between the two styles I believe it going to mess with most custom covers, going from a cable drive to a PD.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.