Crestliner casting seat pedestal?

• Wadsworth

It looks like my 2004 Fishhawk uses 238 style bases, but I can’t find an adjustable casting seat pedestal that goes up high enough, and the shorter ones I found are $150-$200 for just the pedestal without the seat or seat mount that you need to put a seat on the pedestal!

Does anyone know where to find an adjustable casting pedestal that will fit this base?

This brings up my next question, it seems like the easiest thing might be to put in a 1.77 base, then buy a reasonably priced 1.77 casting pedestal, has anyone done this? Will the holes match up for the bases? I definately don’t want to drill more holes in my deck.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Funny, my 2003 stock Fishawk pedestal is too high…I’m about to cut a couple inches of the bottom with a hack saw. I’m 6’2″…you must be a tall one.

Wadsworth

Nope, I’m 5-10, but I like the higher casting seat pedestal to lean against rather than sitting down when casting.

I posted on another website and actually found a great price on the power pedestal that a company sells direct from Attwood. The company is called back to boating, and the pedestals are available on their website if anyone is looking.

Quote:

Funny, my 2003 stock Fishawk pedestal is too high…I’m about to cut a couple inches of the bottom with a hack saw. I’m 6’2″…you must be a tall one.

bigpike

I removed the pedestal holder on mine, installed a new one and bought the matching pedestal I preferred. You can pretty much go any direction you want

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.