Marcum LX7 for open water fishing??

• benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Those of you that own LX7’s How do you think they would perform on open water? I am sold on hard water performance but I am also in need of new boat electronics and curious what you guys that own a LX7 think of how it would perform on open water?… You know it could help justify the expense and get more year round use? BB

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ve experimented with some of the ‘open water’ features on my 7 and I truly believe it will be a fantastic compliment to the unit. I cannot wait to try my 7 out this spring.

sandmannd

Quote:

I’ve experimented with some of the ‘open water’ features on my 7 and I truly believe it will be a fantastic compliment to the unit. I cannot wait to try my 7 out this spring.

I’ll second that. The color graph is awesome and accurate. You have an 8″ screen. Mine will go in the boat for sure!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’ve had the LX-7 out in the boat 2 times already and I have to say it works quite well. Sure wish they had a high speed transducer

woodenfish
    st.croix valley

I was at cabelas last thursday in rogers they had 2 lx7 in the bargin cave for 550.00 just a heads up.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’ve had the LX-7 out in the boat 2 times already and I have to say it works quite well. Sure wish they had a high speed transducer

They do.

LX7 – High Speed Transducer

From what I’ve seen of the LX-7 so far, I think it will revolutionize the use of flashers for open water applications.

I’m excited to drag one down to Spring Valley in March for the big sauger run and put it through the motions!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I don’t have the LX7 (yet), but a common thing I see for all electronics used for hard and soft water is the transducer placement. Having the transducer placed correctly for the best transmission/reception without interference will allow the unit to perform to its potential. Too often the transducer is off a few degrees and guys are not happy with it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.