Verado?s

• eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

Do you need 2 batteries to run a Verado or is that just if you have some options like electric power steering?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I am no expert but my Uncle just bought a new boat with a Verado and 36 volt trolling motor and he only has 4 batteries in the boat. The Verado has power steering as well.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Do you need 2 batteries to run a Verado or is that just if you have some options like electric power steering?

The Verado will shut itself down and go into “guardian mode” if it detects to low a voltage. So if you only go with one battery, I would definitely have a Group 31 battery and have your on board charger hooked up to it so you always have a fully charged battery.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Yep,Invest in a good AGM group31 battery.Mercury has their own battery you can get from your dealer .But many others are good too. The current value leader seems to be the Sears AGM at $189, with Odyssey, Deka, Cabellas and Lifeline also making good stuff. Stay away from the Optima blue top their having problems with them.

The benefits are an AGM battery charges faster, most likely after a good run fully charged. Lead charges slower most likely some discharge even after a run

AGM will also hold a charge longer with only 1% discharge over a month where lead can be 1% to 2% a week.

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

I’v been running my ’08’ Verado with one Wallmart battery for the last three years with no problem. All of my electronics are on the same battery. I do have hydraulic steering and not the Mercury Power Steering. Maybe I’v just been lucky.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.