T 9.9 Yamaha

• ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Looking at buying a T9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke. Want to put it on my Ranger 1860 Angler.

How do you like it ???? Tiller or Remote steering ??? Pros… Cons Thanks Mike

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Looking at buying a T9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke. Want to put it on my Ranger 1860 Angler.

How do you like it ???? Tiller or Remote steering ??? Pros… Cons Thanks Mike

No complaints. Starts without fail, runs smooth and quiet. Tiller control. Other than the T9 seems almost to strong for my WX1850. To bad they don’t offer the T8 anymore.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

do the yamaha kickers have a charging circuit on them now? That’s the only issue a friend of mine has with his but it’s a couple years old. I like my honda kicker because it will charge and run my electronics while trolling. Just something else to think about.

bclii
    MN/AZ

YES, MY T8 on my 1860 does.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

If it has electric start it has a charging system.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

do the yamaha kickers have a charging circuit on them now? That’s the only issue a friend of mine has with his but it’s a couple years old. I like my honda kicker because it will charge and run my electronics while trolling. Just something else to think about.

Once upon a day Yamaha made a pull start version of the T8 that didn’t have an alternator. I don’t think that motor has been made in some time and all recent “T” motors will have an alternator for charging batteries, etc.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Thanks, that’s good to know. My Honda is almost 30 years old and is going to need to be replaced some time.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Thanks, that’s good to know. My Honda is almost 30 years old and is going to need to be replaced some time.

Take a lickin, keeps on tickin!

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I sure wish Yammy’s T series had a pull start in case the battery goes dead. I really like that my friend’s Merc Pro Kicker has it just in case.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

My T8 came with one. I have never needed it though. Knock on wood.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.