Trailer Glide Ons

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

The two customer reviews I read from guys with glass boats said they scratched the gel coat really bad. One wore through into the fiberglass. You might want to look for roller bunks.

How far do you back your trailer in? On my bunk trailer, if I leave about the front 2 or 3 inches of bunk out of the water, I can drive on the trailer and with just a little goose of the throttle can have the bow right to the bow stop.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

You can spray your bunks with silicone. The boat will slide right off. So be carefull not to unhook the boat until you are backed in over water!!!

-J.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

I am not sure how far I was in. I have only had it in the water once. I will try your suggestions next weekend.I like the bunks better for support so want to stay with them. I probobly did not have it in the water far enough the first time. Thanks, John

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Quote:

You can spray your bunks with silicone. The boat will slide right off. So be carefull not to unhook the boat until you are backed in over water!!!

-J.

The last trailer I had was that way, you had to power it up to unhook it then put it in neutral and it rolled right off the trailer. I might try the silicome if backing it in the water farther does not work. Thanks, Jon

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Also, back it in all the way, then pull forward to where you want it. That will wet the bunks and reduce friction.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.