US Reel Supercaster SX

• Fishhound

Anybody use this reel? I was told Sheels will have them on sale Sunday. $150 reel for only $50. Looking for reviews. What I’ve read so far is people either love them or hate them. No in between.

blufloyd

Ought to be a lot cheaper since web site says they are unavailable. I just chased this same reel with same result at Cabelas 2 weeks ago. Ought to be against the law.

fieds
    ottertail county

never used one either but was in fargo scheels and almost bought one, they have a ton in stock unless this is a different model. glad i didn’t pay the pre-sale price. might have to go up there this afternoon if they’re 50 bucks

iceman35
    upstate New York

haven’t heard anything bad about any US reels. for 50$ I’d grab 3…

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I think the Pflueger Arbor provides a better value. JMHO

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Yes, I picked up a 230SX for a bass DS rig. and it is an excellent reel…Drag is smooth as silk and it comes with a braid ready spool and
    machined alum spare spool. The spool is wider than the Arbor
    for less issues with braid and flouro…
    $50 is a ridiculous price for that reel…the SX is the top of the line…then there is the XL and S models. Do make sure it is a new 2011 as they made some improvements since last year.

I have 4 Arbors and really like them but this is even more
    solidly built and not much heavier. Id get the 180SX for Walleye.

Fishhound

The arbor is a nice reel, but I haven’t seen it on sale yet. For those who couldn’t find it the US Reel is advertised on the store website in a weekly flyer. I think the better sale is the 50% off on bulk tackle. That would be the jigs and such. They limit it to $20, so you have to make several trips…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.