Entering Canada with 20+ year old DWI

• CaptainMusky

How can they change the rules on something that happened before the rule changed? I can understand if the DWI happened AFTER the rule was changed in this case 2018, but something that happened long before that? Doesnt seem right to me.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

How can they change the rules on something that happened before the rule changed? I can understand if the DWI happened AFTER the rule was changed in this case 2018, but something that happened long before that? Doesnt seem right to me.

Well have you seen what Canada’s been doing. Lots of not rights going on

CaptainMusky

Well have you seen what Canada’s been doing. Lots of not rights going on

I know, throughout the whole Covid thing Canadians had it far worse than we did. A guy working for the resort we stayed at last week hadnt seen his family in BC in 3 years and had 2 grandkids born and couldnt go and visit even though he was a resident of BC but since he was working in Ontario he couldnt go back. They literally couldnt travel between provinces for a while. That is mind boggling.
    He went on a rant about that trucker convoy but that is a story for another day. Interesting guy for sure. He sure has seen some stuff in his years.

Coletrain27

they probably wonder the same thing about us and some of the dumb rules we have also

CaptainMusky

Im sure they do Coletrain. Stupid lawyers.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

a) i believe the change only applies to DUIs taking place after the rule change in late 2018. but i can’t find the source to support that for certain. the border agents certainly have a LOT of discretion.

b) being a sovereign nation is kinda like that, eh? roll

CaptainMusky

That would make sense Michael. Either way it shouldnt ever impact me, but I just thought it was weird if that wasnt the case.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.