Engel Bait Coolers

• Bigwalleye30
    MN

I’ve been debating getting on of these bait coolers, but I was wondering if anyone knows how long the 12v adapter is? In my house my cigarette lighter is up towards the top of the wall were my outlet is for a TV and wondering if the adapter will reach. It’ll probably be the deciding factor as I don’t want to be pounding through a bunch of D batteries.

sktrwx2200

The coolers are sweet.. but all you need to do is go buy a 110 aerator. and go to the hardware store or pet shop and get longer air tubing.. You can stretch it all the way across your house if you want to. The engel pumps are VERY loud.. Buy a Frabil AQUA LIFE 110 aerator and some tubing you’ll be good to go. Keep your engel battery pump for day trips or early or late season.

This is the frabil aerator that has 2 out puts so you can have 2 bucket of minnows or you can link them together for twice the output. It even keeps shiners alive for weeks. And it is very quiet. They also have one wired for 12 volt if you dont run a generator. I would HIGHLY recommend.

http://www.frabill.com/open-water-fishing/aeration-bait-care/aeration/aqua-life-aerator-dual-output-110v.html

Ny
    N Metro

I really like my engel cooler. First I bought the 19, and it was just to big for hauling in a portable so I went to the 13 which I believe is the perfect size. I plan on using in the boat this summer as well, it should do the trick!

Hoyt4
    NULL

I’ve used most the ice season and really liking it. It’s held up to some rough outings in the house sled getting pulled miles and getting knocked around.

Rick Z
    Stark MN

Best bait cooler I have ever owned…not even close

Bigwalleye30
    MN

Thank Ryne. I should have thought to pull up the actual aerator and not just the bait cooler! 9 ft should work perfect.

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

Real men make their own. )

Attachments:
    1. 20170125_143841.jpg

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I really like my engel cooler. First I bought the 19, and it was just to big for hauling in a portable so I went to the 13 which I believe is the perfect size. I plan on using in the boat this summer as well, it should do the trick!

X2

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I like mine and the cord for the 12v adapter is plenty long. I have read that the pumps are spotty in terms of reliability and they are a little loud when compared to the Frabil D cell pumps I have used.

But I took the chance and so far so good 19 qt is a little big for Ice fishing so I may get a smaller one

Hoyt4
    NULL

You can get a bubbler at Walmart for
    $4 runs on AA batteries. I have been using that before the one that came with the Engel bait box. I have hooked that bubbler up to my bait box now will be cheaper and last longer on the AA.

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

I finished my first season with the Engel 19 and love it.
    I replaced the supplied aerator with one from Frabil that I had been using on a homemade aerator. The Frabil unit has a power cord and works great in the boat. You can also use d cell batteries in it.
    I went with the Frabil because the supplied aerator was noisy.

basseyes

Need more pics and an explanation please. Good to know there’s other crazy DIY’er out there.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Real men plug that thing in with bare feet in a puddle of water. whistling

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gbfan10 wrote:</div>

Real men plug that thing in with bare feet in a puddle of water. whistling

Now that is funny!!!

Max

I don’t doubt the effectiveness of the engel coolers but i couldn’t justify the cost versus how i would use it so i made my own. Bought a small travel cooler and battery aerator from walmart. Drilled 1/4″ hole for the air tubing on top of the lid and mount the aerator on the side. Less than $20.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

If you never fish in extreme conditions the DIY will work fine. Wait till it gets cold and the seals stick on the DIY ones… Aerators well my engel has worked fine so not reason to change yet…

FRS

Hard to believe nobody talks about the dark grey inside and near impossible to see the bait.

FRS

And Cabelas had them (with aerator) stacked to the ceiling marked down to $55. Gone or moved now!

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

That is what the white tray is for.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

I did get in on the $50 dollar deal at cabela’s. I purchased the 30 quart and the 13 quart. The 13 quart fits inside the 30! I use the 30 for bulk minnows at Lake of the woods for 6 plus guys as a home base. I then take the 13 out daily. It has worked flawlessly this year.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

The Engel’s work for a poor mans yeti too (they can be used for a nice cooler).

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.