Enclosed trailer ideas

• woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

I recently purchased a 7 by 16 enclosed trailer and I was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas about building some kind of a racking system in the front to accommodate a couple of flip over ice shacks. The trailer is a v nose so I have limited space. I have measured it out and I should be able to get to flip overs stacked on top of each other and some kind of a racking system. I have very little Carpenter skills and really short on creativity. Any thoughts ideas or help would be greatly appreciated .Thanks

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Id experiment with a pulley system that attaches to 4 corners of the sled, cables going to a simple trailer winch. Have to find a way to secure it when it’s elevated as well.

Or a solid shelf to slide it up on with removable ramps, probably another pulley system of some sort to get it up there without wretching the back.

David Blais

How big are the flip overs? Do you want the shelving to be stationary or collapsible? What else is going in the trailer?

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

In our enclosed snowmobile trailer, we used E-Track like is used in cargo trucks. There are tons of attachment brackets available. We bought brackets for 2x4s to go into. They work perfectly for putting our portables on. We still put heavy ratchet straps on them to make sure they don’t go any where. But we get 4 sleds and 4 portables in our trailer plus all our gear. Definitely the way to go.

You can get them at a truck supply shop. If I remember right, we got ours at Blaine Brothers. We got some parts at Northern Tool as well.

Attachments:
    1. Resized_20161231_224953.jpeg

2. Resized_20170102_165507.jpeg

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

I really like your idea thanks for your help

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

The shelving can be permanent or removable I don’t really care. The trailer is 16 feet long but the Ranger is almost 13ft so I don’t have a lot of room

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.