empire heater

• bken

does anybody know a good place to buy a empire heater. i know fish house supply sells them. but who else does.

sktrwx2200

This fall I needed to replace my EMPIRE unit. Not sure if you are close to the big pond or not, but I priced one out at a HVAC place in Isle. They were listed as a DEALER, but didnt stock them. could drum up the name if you needed it.. ended up being about $500-600 more than the Williams heater from Menards, after (11%) rebate and free shipping. I went with the Williams. The Williams was really nice this year, I was impressed. Got blower add on and it put out crazy heat, comes with thermostat. Dimensions were a little smaller than the comparable Empire unit also. Simple operation and seemed like a quality product.

rickwalley

sktrwx2100
    What made you have to replace it? Damage? Or was it getting old? I have a DV215 about 3 years old. Does the combustion chamber wear out over time?

Tbone

I’ve got a House Warmer brand. It’s made by Empire just a different name. I ordered it from Northern Hydraulics on sale.

sktrwx2200

Rick,

I bought the house used, so I have no idea how old the heater was. If I had to guess I would say late 90’s although I could be wrong. It was far from new anyways. It wasnt getting a good flame anymore.took several hours to heat up the house. so I thought it needed to be cleaned or tuned up a bit. So I took it off the wall and brought it to the dealer and they said that the back of it was rotting away and that legally they couldn’t try to repair it. Kind of like the flame guards on your gas grill. I dunno could have been not the right information and probably could have been repaired, but I didnt pay him anything and he recommended the Menards one over ordering one in through him. So he didnt gain anything by telling me it was shot….

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

I got my empire last year for 635 at king crow fish house in Kingston MN. if you would replace it with a empire it should go in with out changing anything.

bken

I was looking at this brand too Williams 1403821 Direct-Vent Natural Gas Furnace – 14,000 BTU

sktrwx2200

The one I bought last fall was the Williams 30,000 BTU propane.. for a 10×20 vaulted ceiling house. Should have included that info with my post. Good unit thus far.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.