Emergency Truck Traction Devices that are NOT Tire Chains?

• Timmy

I can vouch for the tracgrabber devices. I have used them several times – and have been impressed AF every time. Easy to apply, easy to remove, easy to store. Well worth the cash.

usmarine0352

The Ice Show is always a great place to see new tech-anyway this guy showed me a foot long thing that could be dropped into a 10” hole. Pulling on it the thing would grab onto the underside of the hole then you could winch your vehicle onto better traction- he said that usually when you are stuck you are only a foot away from where the traction is good. Does that sound good? Have not been stuck in a while but got stuck bad once in Canada with 3 other vehicles-we got out, but it was not good.

I believe this is meant for 4 wheelers and UTV’s which normally have winches in front.

If you don’t have a winch in front you’re SOL.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tim hurley wrote:</div>
    The Ice Show is always a great place to see new tech-anyway this guy showed me a foot long thing that could be dropped into a 10” hole. Pulling on it the thing would grab onto the underside of the hole then you could winch your vehicle onto better traction- he said that usually when you are stuck you are only a foot away from where the traction is good. Does that sound good? Have not been stuck in a while but got stuck bad once in Canada with 3 other vehicles-we got out, but it was not good.

I believe this is meant for 4 wheelers and UTV’s which normally have winches in front.

If you don’t have a winch in front you’re SOL.

I saw a guy on Red last year use something that was the same as described above down an ice hole with no winch, just a large come-a-long and got enough pressure to pull his half ton out of a good drift.

A simple chunk of 4×4 costs next to nothing and does the trick for an ATV as described above

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.