Electric auger

• ______________
    Inactive
    MN - 55082

I don’t care what the power head, 100% K-Drill for me. I can switch it from Milwaukee driver drill to Ion, to Strikemaster 3hp Solo with the use of the Univers-all adapter. The shaver blades are too thempermental for me. I sold my Laser drill bit, and the old style 6″ Ion bit that came with it just sits around as a backup in case of emergency.

CRC – my only concern with your setups is the lack of ability to use a hand powered option. rotflol

castle-rock-clown

The only “hand powered” activity I advocate is opening a beer or unscrewing the cap from a bottle of Crown Royal.

Savage Brewer
    Savage, MN

I have a KDrill and I think its a good product but you need the right drill.

Just an FYI I am not going to recommend Ridgid at the moment, bought a new Gen5x (two of them actually, one 650in/lb and the other 750in/lb with 4.0Ah batteries).
    They both have the same problem with the protection circuit kicking in even when I was only drilling 14″ of ice.

I have heard of others having similar problems, I have seen reviews where the Octane model with 6.0 and 9.0Ah batteries are running strong.

Next year I might sell the KDrill and get a Strikemaster Lithium, or possibly look at what DeWalt or Makita have to offer to replace my Ridgid.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Whoa, blast from the past!

Savage Brewer
    Savage, MN

Oh weird, I swear there were two or three posts above mine that are now gone. A moderator must have deleted them.
    Otherwise I wouldn’t have re-opened a dead thread from two years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.