Ebners – Elk River

• super_do
    St Michael, MN

Sorry if this has been previously posted. While driving by yesterday, there was a truck loading up the Ebners bait sign. There were also 30% off everything signs put up out front. Checked into it, and yes they are closing their doors in November.
    Very sad.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Really sucks. Main spot I usually stop on the way home for bait and tackle.

queenswake
    NULL

Wow, first Lundeens and now Ebners. I sure hope Vados isn’t next.

Fewer fisherman and many of those left are all plastics or bass guys. Sad to see.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I only went in a few times in my life but I always enjoyed the small town feel of the place. Im not from the area. Sad to see it go

Mike J
    Wright County

That sucks, it’s been there forever. I stop in a few times per summer for catfish bait. Frozen suckers for dirt cheap.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You couldn’t sell enough bait to make that place pay. Nor could you ever sell it as a business. That ground has 10 times the value of that bait shop. Every single guy on this board would sell also.

Strictly a money deal.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I only went in a few times in my life but I always enjoyed the small town feel of the place. Im not from the area. Sad to see it go

I am currently from the area and the small town is long gone. Everything around it that might have resembled a small town is now long gone. It looked like the last cactus in a Walmart parking lot in Scottsdale AZ. Lost in the desolation of it’s location and that everyone buys off the internet now. Won’t be long now that we can order minnows, leeches, and crawlers from Amazon.

Me, myself and I, sad to see these places fall…was so much a part of my early formative years of fishing destinations. The small bait/tackle shop. Anyone remember the old Gray’s Bay Bait and Tackle? They even used to rent out 14′ aluminum boats with small outboard like the resorts up north did back in those good old days. Now it’s all just a big parking lot for the masses to launch their tuna boats.

“Bout the time the 7-Hi drive in was still featuring Bonnie and Clyde. bawling

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I live in the quadrant of hi way 7 and 101 that the drive in used to be in. I remember Gray’s Bay Bait and Tackle. Classic bait shop but like all the bait shops around Minnetonka, couldn’t outlast the increased price of real estate. Here’s another bait shop from years past: Paul’s Landing on Smith’s Bay. They also rented boats and motors. Paul’s daughter was in my class and I had friends that worked there. I would get a very generous count of minnows when they served me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.