Earliest Ice Out Ever?

• fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

So I noticed over the Christmas weekend that the ice went out on a couple Maple Grove lakes. Does this count as the earliest ice out ever?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I would assume yes as long as the lake does not freeze over again. That is not likely to happen.

-J.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

What a crazy winter we have been having so far. Can’t say that I’m all that unhappy about it. It was rather odd having 50+ Deg. and rain on Christmas though. With all the rain we have got here in the last 4-5 days I’m just happy it was not cold enough for snow. That would have amounted to a TON of Snow.

Tinker
    Iron Range

It must be those damn electric cars.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Long range forecast into the middle of January is more of the same too.

There is basically no snow in the forecast and above average temps, although the temps do appear to be more “seasonable” for January. Definitely no arctic cold snaps on the horizon.

I wondered if this might go on all winter back around Thanksgiving. It honestly looks possible, thanks to El Nino.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

This same thing happened a few years back although I think it happened in early or mid December. The only thing unusual is that it happened so late this year.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

What a crazy winter we have been having so far. Can’t say that I’m all that unhappy about it. It was rather odd having 50+ Deg. and rain on Christmas though. With all the rain we have got here in the last 4-5 days I’m just happy it was not cold enough for snow. That would have amounted to a TON of Snow.

well……we shouldnt have to worry about drought conditions!!!!!

devil yay whistling rotflol jester chased toast

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.