Ear Pro Noise Reduction?

• patk
    Nisswa, MN

Need replacement electronic ear muffs and unsure how much db reduction I need. Indoor ranges primarily

I had a pair of Howard Leight Pros that claim 30db. While I was happy with the performance the bulk was a lot. Borrowed the slim versions at 22db. That was not enough and had to double up with foam ear plugs.

Looking at some Walkers at 26db. Like the looks of the profile but not sure if that will be comfortable for my hearing.

Thoughts?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

This is the reason why I scrapped electronic muffs. The low profile muffs did not provide enough protection and the muffs that did reduce noise enough for my liking were too bulky and/or interfered with gun mounting and positioning.

Would love to hear your review of the Walkers, maybe those are different, but it seemed to me that as the design moved toward low profile, the noise reduction was lost.

I went back to custom fitted plugs, but I think at the next SCI show I’m going to have a pair of custom-fitted electronic plugs made.

Grouse

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I’ve got the Walkers Razor slim muffs and they’re just fine for shooting outside, but inside I still need to double up, especially when shooting any of my ARs that are shorter than 14.5″.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

This is the reason why I scrapped electronic muffs. The low profile muffs did not provide enough protection and the muffs that did reduce noise enough for my liking were too bulky and/or interfered with gun mounting and positioning.

Would love to hear your review of the Walkers, maybe those are different, but it seemed to me that as the design moved toward low profile, the noise reduction was lost.

I went back to custom fitted plugs, but I think at the next SCI show I’m going to have a pair of custom-fitted electronic plugs made.

Grouse

Same here. I have a brand new low profile pair and dont like them because they dont suppress enough noise. Especially firing rifles. I end up wearing the old tried and true.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.