Ear Muffs over Air Pods

• jake47
    WI

First world problem for sure here…I like to listen to books, podcasts, music, etc. while mowing lawn or cutting brush. I use Air Pods and the opening in my muffs is a little too small to wear them comfortably for an extended period of time. Has anyone found a brand that has a larger ear opening, thus not pinching the ear between the muff and headphone. Bonus points if they can be ordered online…My old Bose ones were just fine, but they have seen better days with only one side working now and the battery functioning at 30% of brand new.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I bought a pair of earmuffs with the built in radio this spring from Menards. They were Yellow & Black, don’t know the brand. They worked fine for mowing.

Gitchi Gummi

I used to battle the same problem and hated it. Eventually I pulled the trigger on some bluetooth/AM/FM earmuffs. They work great for mowing, snowblowing, plowing with the SxS and everything else in-between.

Attachments:
    1. 2022-10-19_12-46-38.png

deertracker

I have the Bluetooth shooting muffs made by Walkers.
    DT

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I have a pair of muffs if anyone needs them. I don’t seem to use them as much now that the X is gone. wink

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I have a pair of muffs if anyone needs them. I don’t seem to use them as much now that the X is gone. wink

You are still fishing the same pond…..you will need them again.

buschman
    Pool 2

I have been using these while chainsaw carving.. I do like them. So far so good. I have only had them for 2 months so not sure how long they will go.

I bought them at Fleet Farm but they are online also. 3M brand.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwios9bn9-z6AhX-yZQJHY6RDwIYABAKGgJ5bQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASJeRodBR88kGiz2h_HW1Zh3lgSaup0qMf3f8yWTbflHHVRGei-Ww&sig=AOD64_18ArL9TwFgQ2_1I-V8U5ou-40kDA&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjMjcrn9-z6AhVCkYkEHaLSCNsQ9aACKAB6BAgFEBA&adurl=

404 ERROR
    MN

Huh? I can’t hear you. Maybe that’s because I use my Airpod Pro’s as hearing protection…What’s this muff you speak of? devil

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

You are still fishing the same pond…..you will need them again.

So true. The sweet honey stage will be behind you before you know it.

Deuces

Get the ones buschman posted, gitchi ones don’t have as good of sound quality.

Best ones out there that I’ve found, we use them every day for work. Good mic as well can just press the button and take calls

LabDaddy1

I have a few different ear muffs that I wear over my air/earpods when playing drums and they fit just fine in all of them. I guess just try a few different ones til u find one that fits?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

My old Bose ones were just fine, but they have seen better days with only one side working now and the battery functioning at 30% of brand new.

Take a look at these OKG earbuds. Best 20 bucks I have ever spent!

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Headphones-Playback/dp/B085RLPPS4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=J1A7CDWT80JT&keywords=okg+earbuds&qid=1666268465&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjczIiwicXNhIjoiMS4wMSIsInFzcCI6IjEuMDkifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-3

-J.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I had the issue with my Galaxy buds being turned off by my muffs. I was able to just turn off touch controls for them and now I can listen while I work!

Rick Janssen

I used to battle the same problem and hated it. Eventually I pulled the trigger on some bluetooth/AM/FM earmuffs. They work great for mowing, snowblowing, plowing with the SxS and everything else in-between.

I have these also. Sometimes on hikes etc I just wear my earbuds (actually bluetooth hearing aids for me) and I wear a head band over my ears to keep them warm, but for real work etc I use the above ear muffs.

Nodakk

I have the 3M work tunes and really like them. It’s nice to be able to just press a button and the saved radio station starts playing.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The 3m work tunes have their place. I like ear buds because you can take/make phone calls with most of them out there today.

-J.

Umy
    South Metro

Now THAT is FUNNY applause applause applause

jake47
    WI

Thanks all for the information. I stepped away from IDO for a few weeks and totally forgot I had posted this question.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.