Dutch Oven Chili Dogs

• Ice Cap

I don’t use my dutch oven enough but it’s getting used this weekend to make these chili dogs again. These pics are from the last time I made them and they are the best chili dogs I’ve ever had. Something about a dutch oven that produces a distinct flavor.

First spread the inside of the buns with mayo. Then put in your favorite tube steak. Top with chili (beans or no beans you’re choice) cheese diced onion anything else you like on your dogs. Arrange the chili dogs in your dutch oven. I use parchment paper in the oven for easy clean up.

Dutch oven

Set up coals on the oven to run about 350 degrees.

Dutch oven

About 45 minutes later!

Dutch oven

Not exactly finger food use a plate and fork you don’t want to any of this goodness hitting the floor anyhow.

Dutch oven

The buns do not get all soggy but stay nice and toasty.

Brad Dimond

They look fantastic. I’d eat too many of those, be reaching for the Tums and happy about it.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I always thought dutch ovens were fueled by a different type of gas

Ice Cap

I always thought dutch ovens were fueled by a different type of gas

Ha! That’s after you eat these!!

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

What’s everyone else going to eat? That looks great!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Ice –
    That does look pretty dang tasty! waytogo

The FW calls that “Dude food”. So I’d have to eat the entire kettle and I would.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Man that looks awsome! Now, I’m going to have to do that. Your not helping my wasteline out one bit. toast

Ice Cap

Ice –
    That does look pretty dang tasty! waytogo

The FW calls that “Dude food”. So I’d have to eat the entire kettle and I would.

I can fit six in my kettle. I can eat two washed down with two beers and I’m stuffed! Oh. I also like to put some crushed chili cheese Fritos on top for a little extra crunch factor!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.