Dubuque to Prairie du Chien suggestions

• Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Have a business trip to Dubuque Wednesday morning. Thinking of packing some light ice gear and hitting a spot Wednesday afternoon on my way home.

Anyone fish the backwaters of the Mississippi willing to let a guy tag along for the afternoon? Looking to try something new. Can bring bait and some beers. toast

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Jamin get in touch with Dave Koonce he lives in PDC. If he is working and not fishing he can give you a heads up on some locations.

pete the catfisherman
    Crawford county WI

Most of the good spots are inaccessible by foot right now. Little john boats with go devils and hovercrafts are getting to them. The spots that are accessible by foot are visible from the highways and get pounded pretty hard. Sure miss winter!

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Jamin get in touch with Dave Koonce he lives in PDC. If he is working and not fishing he can give you a heads up on some locations.

I’ll do that, thanks!

Most of the good spots are inaccessible by foot right now. Little john boats with go devils and hovercrafts are getting to them. …

I was kinda afraid that may be the case with the regular warm weather spells we’ve been seeing this winter.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Jamin you could hit Gremore lake just north of Prairie.I was there saturday some water on the edges but doable.There is always docks to get on the ice also.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Jamin you could hit Gremore lake just north of Prairie.I was there saturday some water on the edges but doable.There is always docks to get on the ice also.

Thanks for the suggestion, Chuck! I’ll map it out and put it on the list of possibilities.

pete the catfisherman
    Crawford county WI

Stoddard is another area to consider. Lots of fish caught there every winter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.