Drought affecting your well

• Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

OK guys thought I would put this out there. How is the drought affecting your well ? Was standing by my well the other day and was making a pretty loud humming noise when running. Got a appointment next week croosing my fingers hoping it not too bad.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’ve been wondering about mine as well. Plus with the dry summer I’ve been watering my garden and small patches of my lawn by the house as well a lot, sometimes if I’m draining it too much when it’s already taking in less this year.

stout93
    Becker MN

Haven’t noticed any impact as of yet.

We have multiple large gardens/fields and we’re watering them pretty much daily for about 4 or so hours.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

At my work we are having to have our well disinfected, as the state tested the water and say we have some bacteria. So I have spoken to a few well companies lately and they are telling me lots of people are having issues of all kinds. Hope you guys with wells at home hold up ok. I am hooked to city water in Blaine, which has had its own issues over the years.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We are getting calls weekly that end up being issues with low well water. Local well guys have been busy this summer lowering pumps in the wells. It is hilarious hearing what people think will fix this. “It just rained” is a common one I hear. “Won’t watering the lawn help fill the water table?”. That one I need ask my therapist about. Even heard one group of neighbors talking about busting out the local beaver dam to replenish the aquifer. What ever you do don’t just let your pump run forever hoping it will find water. All its going to do is find the end of its life and you will be paying for a new pump to.

We are also starting to hear about contaminated wells to. Got one neighborhood in Andover by the old landfil that is having some real issues.

tornadochaser

I know about a dozen different families that are having issues with their wells in Swift County. Mainly those with sandpoints. Generally they are on the flat land sandy soil in the central part of the county which is heavily irrigated.

Reef W

Last time my sandpoint worked well was early June. A couple weeks ago I couldn’t even get it going.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Hear in Dakota county we still have plenty of water but it sure does have a bad odor.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Hear in Dakota county we still have plenty of water but it sure does have a bad odor.

Hear at my shop in Ham Lake it smells like someone is taking a dump in the faucet!

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Thank god for our 300 foot well! Lots a problems around here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.