Dropping phone down ice hole.

• Grant Sommerhauser

I dropped my phone down the ice hole last weekend, I watched it go down on my Aqua-Vu Micro 5. I tied a lure to my spud bar and put it down the hole and shook it around, eventually snagged the smallest part of rubber on my phone. It works better than ever after a day in rice and 30 minutes of hair blow drying.

Attachments:
    1. Phone-Picture.png

troutbum
    St. Paul

That is very impressive

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Hope you put an extra fifty in the collection plate.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I hope you bought some lottery tickets. I would think your chances of winning that were about the same as getting that phone back.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Could be the most interesting first post.

404 ERROR
    MN

I dropped one down a hole on URL a couple years ago. A treble hook bent straight with a bunch of weight did the trick. Drilled a hole next to it and dropped the camera. Luckily the hook went into the little speaker holes on my lifeproof case. The fiancé is still using that phone to this day! It goes without saying that I lost about 2 hours of fishing. Well, I guess I was fishing, but not for fish…

Grant Sommerhauser

Could be the most interesting first post.

I am going to post a video on YouTube about my journey on getting it back. My YouTube is RipSomeLipsHG

zooks

I’ve dropped and retrieved plenty of stuff through an ice hole – several rods/reels, an iPod (thanks to the headphones), keys, and one fancy shelter license tag holder on Winnie but never retrieved a phone. Dropped my first smartphone in 24 FOW on ML 3 weeks after I bought it – worst part was that it landed screen side down and when it was shorting out on the lake bed, the flash was going bonkers and spooked the fish away, ruined our sunset bite. flame flame

Congrats on getting that back. How deep were you fishing when it hit bottom?

big_g
    Isle, MN

With cameras, most items should be able to be retrieved… now back in the day, blindly “grappling” for items = impressive grin

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Oh, ” ice hole ” . I thought you were calling BrianK names….

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Is a million dollar idea a safely clip (like on boat keys) to tether your electronics to your jacket? It could be right on the phone case.

Grant Sommerhauser

Is a million dollar idea a safely clip (like on boat keys) to tether your electronics to your jacket? It could be right on the phone case.

What my uncle showed me the day after is to put it in a ziploc with air so you have a chance. I can still use my phone through the bag.

Grant Sommerhauser

I’ve dropped and retrieved plenty of stuff through an ice hole – several rods/reels, an iPod (thanks to the headphones), keys, and one fancy shelter license tag holder on Winnie but never retrieved a phone. Dropped my first smartphone in 24 FOW on ML 3 weeks after I bought it – worst part was that it landed screen side down and when it was shorting out on the lake bed, the flash was going bonkers and spooked the fish away, ruined our sunset bite. flame flame

Congrats on getting that back. How deep were you fishing when it hit bottom?

I was only fishing 7 feet of water but it could have went in any direction. I had to open the hole and meme it 2 feet wide to get right over the phone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.