bird dog

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I’ve always heard the same. If her nest is distroyed she will nest again and i’ve heard until it reaches a point thats too late in the spring after many attempts. This is probably why we see late hatch roosters that have minimum tailfeathers that are hard to decide weather to shoot or not. About nesting two or three times, i doubt it because if her first nest is succesful she protecting and teaching those chicks what to eat and how to fend for themselves. To busy to nest again.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I’ve always heard that birds can’t smell.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I’ve always heard that birds can’t smell.

bassguy
    MANKATO

I AGREE WITH YOU B. H. 88
    I HAD A GOLDEN RETREIVER WHO FLUSHED BOTH HENS AND ROOSTERS AND I DIDN’T CARE. IT WAS FUN TO WATCH HIM WORK. HIS HAIR ON THE TOP OF HIS HEAD AND EARS WOULD STAND ON END WHENEVER HE SIGHTED A ROOSTER OR A GROUSE AT CLOSE QUARTERS AND THEN CHARGE IT, BUT HE WOULDN’T DO THAT FOR HEN PHEASANTS THAT I THOUGHT HE SAW. HE WOULD KIND OF DO A DOUBLE PAW JUMP NUDGE. THIS WAS VERY EVIDENT AFTER HIS THIRD SEASON IN THE FEILD.

bassguy
    MANKATO

I AGREE WITH YOU B. H. 88
    I HAD A GOLDEN RETREIVER WHO FLUSHED BOTH HENS AND ROOSTERS AND I DIDN’T CARE. IT WAS FUN TO WATCH HIM WORK. HIS HAIR ON THE TOP OF HIS HEAD AND EARS WOULD STAND ON END WHENEVER HE SIGHTED A ROOSTER OR A GROUSE AT CLOSE QUARTERS AND THEN CHARGE IT, BUT HE WOULDN’T DO THAT FOR HEN PHEASANTS THAT I THOUGHT HE SAW. HE WOULD KIND OF DO A DOUBLE PAW JUMP NUDGE. THIS WAS VERY EVIDENT AFTER HIS THIRD SEASON IN THE FEILD.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.