LAB PUPPIES

• olsonbs

I’m sure they are trying to make things more simple for the CO’s. With the confusion last year, because of the people not reading or comprehending a simple rule, it will no doubt wreck the priveledge of leaving our houses unattended during daylight hours for the rest of us. Too bad some had to push the issue, but I see their point. Unattended means licensed. It’s ok with me, however it will be more inconvenient on a few occasions. I still purchase shelter licenses just in case I want to save a spot. Brent

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Welcome to IDO olsonbs!!

corey_waller
    hastings mn

looking for some help in locating a litter of lab puppies. Not just any litter of lab puppies either Im looking for what I would call a ” cracked ” lab. on a scale of 1 to 10 and 1 being a very well mannered house dog that is a servicable hunter but not ultra driven and a 10 being a freak in the field with tons of drive but almost to nuts to be a house dog. Im looking for a 9 and actually I need 3 of them. preferably 3 females but it could be 1 male and 2 females. My female Madison is what I would consider a 7 on the cracked scale is getting to the age where she will start slowing down in the next year or so so Im looking for a pup to bring along befor she is to old. I also have 2 buddies that dont have dogs that are now hooked on the rooster chasing. All three will be trained by the pro’s at Cannon River Kennels. I just need to get a couple on the ground so I can have them ready for next year.let me know if you have heard of some puppies comming.
    thanks guys,
    Corey

gregh
    s.e. minn

Corey,
    Have you checked with Jason over at Cannon River Kennels? He usually has starter pups. Great set up and great people over there,they did an awesome job with my lab.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

I have been holding off buying one from somewhere else for that same reason. they did an awesome with my lab madison although I didnt get her from there. I have been working them over and it dont look good for them having pups by the first of the year. the reason I want one then is so that it will be ready to hunt this comming fall.

walleye4383
    Waterloo, IA

I have always heard good things about Arrowhead Kennels in Hudson, IA

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Cannon kennels comes thru again!! they found me some puppies due to be born by jan, 1st

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Great news Waller!

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

really, cannon river kennels? ugh…

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

And whats your issue with Cannon River Kennels?

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Quote:

dont just give the
    speak up if you have some thing to say
    I hate it when people dont just spill it.
    looks like you got a lab with a few ribbons so you must have some first hand information

Duckslayer007
    Belle Plaine MN

Corey I should have a litter mid January ready to go out in March. The sire is a 10 on your scale and the [censored] is about a 7. Let me know if your interested.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to IDO Hunting Duckslayer007

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

Quote:

And whats your issue with Cannon River Kennels?

all i’m gonna say is, as of last year, the best dog on their truck, they didn’t even train. they bought him…

i ran a double stake 2 summers ago that jason was at, and for a pro trainer, it left a lot to be desired. i’m not saying he is a bad guy, or can’t train dogs at all. but for the prices he charges, you can get a real pro trainer that has the ribbons and achievements to back up his work.

he trains “gundogs”, yet charges HT/FT prices…

Just my $.02 is all. and if he trained one of your dogs before and you are happy with the results, thats all that really matters.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

hey duck where are you located ?

Duckslayer007
    Belle Plaine MN

I am in Belle Plaine just south west of the twin cities metro.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.