Gunners got an ulcer

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

My little puppy (90#) Gunner has a ulcer in the corner of his eye! Noticed he was pawing at it alot last week so I took him to the vet. They scraped a blood clot off his eye and then found the ulcer. What causes it is the lower eyelid scrapes on the eyeball and creates the ulcer. Sooooo he goes in for surgury tomorrow to have some facelift done to his lower eyelids.At a tune of about $300 ,Taking some skin off his lowerlids.The vet also told me that it’s hereditary. It’s fairly common with the big blockheaded labs.Anyone else have that problem???

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

Hope your dog will be ok.

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

Hope your dog will be ok.

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Yes, my dog Jake (golden retriever) had the same thing. Surgery, and got him fixed at the same time. Wish I could have talked with you before you took em in for surgery. I had both done for $165. This was 7 years ago, so maybe $300 isn’t so bad. Don’t worry, they bounce back in a hurry!

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Yes, my dog Jake (golden retriever) had the same thing. Surgery, and got him fixed at the same time. Wish I could have talked with you before you took em in for surgery. I had both done for $165. This was 7 years ago, so maybe $300 isn’t so bad. Don’t worry, they bounce back in a hurry!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.