Female Lab Wanted for Breeding

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I’m looking into possibly finding a female lab to breed my Black Male (will be 5 in September)with.

My Male Lab Rufus has great blood lines and comes from great hunting parents. Have been told by many he is a great looking Dog with the big head and paws. Currently he is 79 lbs and probably gest down to 74 or so during hunting. He is AKC certified and is truly extremely smart and a great upland Dog, with a lot of untapped potential (He is is my 1st Dog and I trained him myself, although have not done a lot since he was 1 1/2 years old). He has hunted ducks and geese a few times but have not spent a ton of time with him in this area. Loves the water and has learned hand signals in the water also. He is currently and always has been a very mellow lab around the house & etc. Until you get his dummy out and then he is all about the dummy. Very healthy Dog and would be willing to share any records or have exams done. Would even allow to see him hunt, I have some great pheasant hunting area 20 minutes west of Mankato. Truly a treat. Just checking into see if there is possibly anyone interested. I’m just looking for another black male puppy out of the deal. Looking to breed with a similar female.

If your interested at all, let me know! Email or PM me.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I got a white “Ivy” lab that is fixed, but I bet she would still want to try!!!!

Sorry bud………just in the mood and couldn’t resist!!!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I got a white “Ivy” lab that is fixed, but I bet she would still want to try!!!!

Sorry bud………just in the mood and couldn’t resist!!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

There is always at least one in the bunch . But then again here at IDA, I think there is more than just one .

Well I know Rufus wants to try. HE keeps scent checking the 2 redheads from across the street. Just sits on the Blvd, with his nose in the air trying to get a whiff!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

There is always at least one in the bunch . But then again here at IDA, I think there is more than just one .

Well I know Rufus wants to try. HE keeps scent checking the 2 redheads from across the street. Just sits on the Blvd, with his nose in the air trying to get a whiff!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Oh yeah, when the old guy gets warmed up, he will start locking up on birds and pointing. Quite a site to see. His Mom comes from Pointing blood and she was actually trained to point. So he has that in him also.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Oh yeah, when the old guy gets warmed up, he will start locking up on birds and pointing. Quite a site to see. His Mom comes from Pointing blood and she was actually trained to point. So he has that in him also.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

To the Top See Above.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

To the Top See Above.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have a Yellow female that will be looking for a friend in about a year, so maybe we can work something out. What color are the parents of your dog? The reason I ask is that my dog is almost red and I really want to see if I can get some more dark yellows from her. I do have some friends looking for stud service, so I will spread the word.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have a Yellow female that will be looking for a friend in about a year, so maybe we can work something out. What color are the parents of your dog? The reason I ask is that my dog is almost red and I really want to see if I can get some more dark yellows from her. I do have some friends looking for stud service, so I will spread the word.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I have hunted with Lips dog, Rufus. A real great dog in the field and he is as friendly as they come.

Ron

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I have hunted with Lips dog, Rufus. A real great dog in the field and he is as friendly as they come.

Ron

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Ron & Fife

Fife, his parents were also both Black. His litter was almost all (6??) Black and 1 yellow. Fife, you have a fax #? I could send you his pedigree. He has the one and only San Jaquin Honcho (sp?) in his lines and on his pedigree. At the time I got Rufus, he (Honcho) had sired more National Field Champions then any other Dog I believe.

Fife let me know if anyone you know is looking. Maybe you Ron and I need to head down to Mankato???

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Ron & Fife

Fife, his parents were also both Black. His litter was almost all (6??) Black and 1 yellow. Fife, you have a fax #? I could send you his pedigree. He has the one and only San Jaquin Honcho (sp?) in his lines and on his pedigree. At the time I got Rufus, he (Honcho) had sired more National Field Champions then any other Dog I believe.

Fife let me know if anyone you know is looking. Maybe you Ron and I need to head down to Mankato???

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I am taking a couple months off of work, so you say the word and me and the pooch will be there. My dog was just in heat and she had some problems, so I might wait two cycles to see how things go. I know a nice yellow and black that will be looking for some lovin’ in a few months, so I will give the owners a call.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I am taking a couple months off of work, so you say the word and me and the pooch will be there. My dog was just in heat and she had some problems, so I might wait two cycles to see how things go. I know a nice yellow and black that will be looking for some lovin’ in a few months, so I will give the owners a call.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Maybe you Ron and I need to head down to Mankato???

MAYBE?????
    We could put the on those birds. Three guys and three dogs
    Heck Bigfife is the best flusher that I have hunted with and he did not even own a dog then.

Ron

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Maybe you Ron and I need to head down to Mankato???

MAYBE?????
    We could put the on those birds. Three guys and three dogs
    Heck Bigfife is the best flusher that I have hunted with and he did not even own a dog then.

Ron

ted-merdan

Friend of mine who bought my Ranger last year has a white female that’s a great lab – she just had pups this summer and he may be interested.

Let me know and I can get you his contact info.

ted

ted-merdan

Friend of mine who bought my Ranger last year has a white female that’s a great lab – she just had pups this summer and he may be interested.

Let me know and I can get you his contact info.

ted

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Sounds good Ted. I just read the post. Things are a little hectic.

Update: I just had his hips X-Rayed and got his Test results back. His Hips received a “GOOD” rating @ Age 7. Bringing him in for his eyes next week.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Sounds good Ted. I just read the post. Things are a little hectic.

Update: I just had his hips X-Rayed and got his Test results back. His Hips received a “GOOD” rating @ Age 7. Bringing him in for his eyes next week.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Eye Tests came back as “Normal”.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Eye Tests came back as “Normal”.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.