Dog Walk Yesterday

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Got my pointer out for a long hike up north yesterday with my wife and I. She found and got up 3 Grouse. One flew right at us. That never happens when I have a gun! The other two went up in ultra thick cover so we mostly got a sound show. Two more weekends and season is open!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s fun. We kicked up a few ringnecks a couple weeks ago, but I have been staying away from the areas I’ll hunt now. Once we get a cooldown, it’ll be time for a trip or two to the game farm for a tuneup.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Amazing what cool weather does for dogs. Mine can barely make a standard walk without stopping if its too hot and I let her run too much. Yesterday morning she never stopped running for 3 miles and wasnt exhausted when we were done.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Very true. We’ll kick it up a notch on the bike rides now.

Sharon
    SE Metro

My boys love the cooler weather and ran a bunch last weekend when we were up north. We jumped a woodcock unexpectedly, but Fritz and Remi were riding in the Ranger with us at that point so they didn’t see it.

Remi and a family dog Dahlia jumped a deer while we were out in the woods and they both took off after it. What made this funny is that Dahlia is a small terrier of some kind an can barely see over the tall grasses! lol

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Amazing what cool weather does for dogs. Mine can barely make a standard walk without stopping if its too hot and I let her run too much. Yesterday morning she never stopped running for 3 miles and wasn’t exhausted when we were done.

It’s crazy what that drop in temperature did for the dogs. Last week (hot), I took Ripley out for a bike/run. We went 2 miles, and he was really dragging for the second mile. Last night (cool), we went for 4.5 miles at a faster pace, and he still had gas in the tank when we got home.

Sharon
    SE Metro

It’s crazy what that drop in temperature did for the dogs

Yep! A thunderstorm moved through the east metro yesterday and cooled things way down. Fritz and Remi were all uppity and wanted to run an roughhouse. So we let them play in the backyard in the rain. It was fun! )

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m taking this same walk this weekend with my 20 gauge. waytogo

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m taking this same walk this weekend with my 20 gauge. waytogo

Now that sounds fun!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.