Dog food recall

• ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Curious, how does an euthanizing drug find its way into dog food? Why would a food manufacture even have it on hand? Does it serve another purpose? It baffles me…

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

Not sure anyone knows exactly how yet but there are some good guesses.. Pentobarbital is the drug being found in a unnamed single “minor” ingredient of canned dog food. It’s also the main drug used to euthanize pets and at kill shelters. Put two and two together and it sounds pretty messed up. Only trace levels were found so if this is the case they are only using certain parts of animals. Smuckers so far is denying (on facebook) their food supplier used dead aniamls, haven’t seen a offical statement.

Only other way is if some how the drug contaminated a food ingredient but how that would happen is beyond me.
    Smuckers owns big heart brand foods. Also pay attention to the treats you us. Smuckers makes milkbones and others.

My S/O is in grad school for veterinary medicine, shes been talking about this quite a bit.
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/18/health/dog-food-pentobarbital/index.html

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

There is also a lwasuit from last year against Blue Buffalo pet food having lead contaminants.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.