Does Marcum make a snow shield for the LX5i?

• jfs62
    Southeast WI

I apologize if this topic has been addressed but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to search threads on this site.

Anyway, does anyone know if they make snow shields for the LX5i? I can find no info online at all regarding this. I know Marcum made a snow shield for the old the LX5 but that does not look like it would work on the LX5i.

Thanks. Any if you know how to search a thread in the forums I would be eternally grateful for that info.

gonehunting

I believe the reason for the flat screen is to eliminate the need for a snow shield. The older LX-5 had a lip which would hold snow. Thus no reason for one.

bigpike

Gonehunting nailed it. No need for it on the new design

jfs62
    Southeast WI

Great. Thanks for the info. Do either of you know if there are any specific cleaning instructions for all the crud that can get on the flasher? I looked at the manual but saw nothing. Is the flasher surface hardy enough to take a wiping with a micro fiber cloth and water or windex?

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

When I’m unsure of the delicacy of a surface, I will use micro cloth damp with vinegar/water.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.